I've become a Podcast devotee. I can quietly listen to something without that little screen serving as a Mom and baby distraction.
There are several new political podcasts. Here are a few I recommend:
- Off Message: Glenn Thrush of Politico does excellent long-form interviews with key political figures.
- Keepin' it 1600: Jon Favreau and Dan Pfeiffer, Obama White House alums (and former colleagues of mine on the Kerry campaign) offer funny insights into the week's news.
- The Axe Files with David Axelrod: President Obama's former right-hand strategist interviews politicos and other prominent leaders.
- Politico's 2016 Nerdcast: Not as informative as I had hoped but some good analysis.
- The Pollsters: Bi-partisan duo Margie Omero and Kristen Soltis Anderson discuss new polling in politics, business, pop culture, and the like. Funny and informative on a wonky topic.
- The West Wing Weekly: a new-ish podcast devoted to re-capping episodes of The West Wing with former castmate Joshua Malina and superfan Hrishikesh Hirway; often has other cast members and writers featured.